Upcoming Assignments

After reading through the assignments for this semester, I have to say I am a little nervous but also excited to take on projects that are nothing like any other schoolwork I have ever done before. Initially, I was so sure I wanted to do the storybook project since I was inspired by the 3 I had read through. But after reading the overview of the portfolio project, now I can’t decide which one I would rather do. Both sound so interesting even though they are completely different assignments. The assignments that caught my eye the most, however, were the extra credits. Not because they are extra credit, though that is a bonus, but because the options are so diverse and really allow for maximum creativity and thinking outside the box.

What I appreciate most about the assignments we are and will be given in this class is that there is really no wrong answer. Being a STEM major, most of the time there is only one right answer and the rest are incorrect, but with this class everything I have seen so far is up for interpretation and there is no right or wrong answer. And when you think about it, that ties into the Growth Mindset theory we just discussed yesterday because assignments like these really encourage us to go for it and challenge ourselves by writing our opinions and interpretations for others to provide feedback on. When writing my blog post for Growth Mindset, I mentioned that I was interested in learning more about it. Now knowing that I can through an extra credit assignment is really exciting!

Time management and productivity
Courtesy of @YourOrderedLife on Twitter



Comments