Week 8 Reading and Writing

I really enjoy doing the reading assignments because even though it would not seem like it, they are a nice break between all of the writing assignments we have to do. I think the method of note-taking that I have been following is working for me as it provides a brief yet detailed recap of my few favorite stories, and I include my opinions and reactions of those stories, which usually inspires my weekly writing posts. So, I will likely stick with with note-taking style. 

I am not the most creative writer and storyteller, so I am not necessarily unhappy with the stories I have come up with, but I do wish I had challenged myself more so that my stories were more unique and exciting to read. All of my stories are very similar to the plots of the original stories I based them off of, with only some small changes to the storyline or to the characters. I have read many of my classmates' stories, and they continuously leave me in awe at how out-of-the-box and clever they are. Writing stories with that amount of originality is what I had hoped to accomplish and challenge myself to do, but I fell short. For these upcoming weeks, I plan to continue pushing myself and challenging myself in my writing concepts in some way or another. However, I do recognize that I am not a strong writer, like I mentioned earlier, so I won't push myself too much to where these assignment become overwhelming rather than enjoyable.

I had experimented with multiple blog layouts and themes until I settled with my current look, which I am happy with. It is simple and nicely organized, and I like that every blogpost background/image banner is a blurred version of my post's image. Originally, the background image was the same generic photo for every post, and I absolutely did not like that. As for my project layout, I love it! I had hours of trial and error with my formatting and design, so not only am I happy with what I have, but I do not want or plan to change what I have. For now, at least. As of now I have only written the introduction for my storybook, but contrasting my blog post stories, I am very proud of my introduction. It is weird to think about how differently I feel about my storybook than I do about my blog posts. I think having free reign of my storybook has allowed me to be as creative as I want, since I can choose what I write about and write about things that interest and inspire me. What's more, I have so many ideas for my upcoming stories that I am really excited to share and receive feedback on. 

Vaikuntha Heavenly Realm: Flickr

The image I included was from one of my week 7 reading notes about four Pandavas brothers and Draupadi ascending hell while the eldest becomes enlightened and surpasses the heavenly realm of the gods into Vaikuntha. To be completely honest, I chose to include this image because I find it very aesthetically pleasing and I enjoy looking at it. The color palette is just so soothing, and the actual content in the picture is serene and beautiful. I just enjoy this image a lot.

Comments